Re: How to add a menu entry for all users]

Dne, 29. 06. 2010 07:45:19 je Olivier Nicole napisal(a):

During a Gnome session, if I rename or copy the
/usr/share/applications/myapp.desktop file, the menu is updated for
that session. So I suspect the Category is correct.

If I have several users connected at that time (with switch user), the
menu is updated accordingly for every connected users.

But after I disconnect and reconnect the menu is back to the default!

That is really odd!

How do I make themenu become permanent?

I got it working by placing my *.desktop files into /usr/local/share/applications instead. Have you checked if your *.desktop files are still there anyway? Did something delete them, or changed their permissions perhaps?

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801