How to add a menu entry for all users]

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 10.4 and I have a problem to add entries in the
menues for all users.

I have created a myapp.desktop file in /usr/share/applications/. That
file is correct, when it works, I can use it to launch the
application.

But I have a problem to make it available for all users. I have
noticed something weird:

During a Gnome session, if I rename or copy the
/usr/share/applications/myapp.desktop file, the menu is updated for
that session. So I suspect the Category is correct.

If I have several users connected at that time (with switch user), the
menu is updated accordingly for every connected users.

But after I disconnect and reconnect the menu is back to the default!

That is really odd!

How do I make themenu become permanent?

TIA,

Olivier