auto mount works, but "you are not privileged ..." message

[Please keep me CCed, as I'm not subscribed to the list.  Thanks.]

Hi,

running Gnome under Fedora 13, I have a strange problem when auto
mounting a certain CF card.  I need this card to be mounted with
shortnames=lower, but since gnome has no way to change the mount
options, I created an /etc/fstab entry using the UUID for this drive,
like this:

UUID=4DCC-F3FA /media/myCF vfat noauto,user,rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=23345,gid=11125,shortname=lower,dmask=0077,utf8=1,flush 0 0

This worked fine at first, then I switched to the XFCE4 desktop for
a while for testing purposes.  Now that I switched back to the Gnome
desktop, I get this weird behaviour.

When I plug in the CF card, it gets mounted into /media/myCF.  However,
at the same time a dialog appears:

  Failed to mount "MYCF"

  You are not privileged to mounnnt the volume "MYCF".

Note that the name of the drive is printed in all uppercase in that
dialog, "MYCF" instead of "myCF".

Unfortunately there's no log message in /var/log which would point to
the reason for this behaviour.  There are only a few kernel messages:

  kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] 16007040 512-byte logical blocks: (8.19 GB/7.63 GiB)
  kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
  kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
  kernel: sdb: sdb1

Does anybody know why this happens and how I can get rid of this dialog?

If I remove the fstab entry, I get rid of the message, but the CF card
is mounted with the wrong options, so that's not an option.

Thanks,
Corinna