freecell freezes

I use Fedora Core 10 64bits. I use to play freecell many times a day,
but now I cannot do it, because very often it freezes. NOt only the game
freezes,but the whole sistem, so that I have to restart  the computer.
I have already  tried to uninstall gnome-games and reinstall it, but the
problem continues.I already asked for help to the forum in portuguese
www.fedora.org.br
but I din not get help to solve the problem.
Thru Google I found many msgs related to "freecell freeze" most of them
referring to Windows.
Should I install some solitaire  package independently from
gnome-games.How to do it.
Please inform if there is a solution.
best regards
Gastao Vitor Casper