Re: Missing Font Glyphs [SOLVED]

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Tom Browder <tom browder gmail com> wrote:
> I've successfuly built and use Gnumeric 1.9.4 on an x86 running Fedora 7.
>
> I have attempted to do the same thing on an x86_64 running Centos 5.2,
> but the glyphs don;t show and I get the following messages upon
> startup:

I solved the problem by building and installing the latest fontconfig
and freetype libraries.

Note that the stated requirements for pango were met (nor did
configure complain), but, for some reason the existing libraries
didn't work:

  rpm -qa | grep fontconfig

    fontconfig-2.4.1-7.el5
    fontconfig-devel-2.4.1-7.el5

  rpm -qa | grep freetype

    freetype-2.2.1-20.el5_2
    freetype-devel-2.2.1-20.el5_2

I installed fontconfig 2.6.0 and freetype 2.3.8.

-Tom