Re: LDAP issue

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Fabian Deutsch <fabian deutsch gmx de> wrote:
> Nsswitch seems to be ok.

> It's quite weird because all my Gnome stations has started with that
> problem after my LDAP's starts.
>
> Any other machine (Window Maker, KDE, Windows, etc) works fine.

Does it seem if the machines are waiting or consuming cpu?

You could try to run e.g. Gimp under strace to see if a syscall is causing the delay.

Years ago we have also implemented nscd in a similar project. You might want to check it out.

 A daemon which handles passwd, group and host lookups
 for running programs and caches the results for the next
 query. You should install this package only if you use
 slow Services like LDAP, NIS or NIS+"

Cheers,
zoltan