LDAP issue

Hi everyone.

First of all, excuse  my English.

I've installed LDAP and everything works fine, but every time that I try to open a 'save as' window (at any program: Gimp, Firefox, OpenOffice) my Gnome freezes to 15 (even more) seconds and finally opens the window.

It's a nightmare because I'm migrating my whole users database and there's a incredible expectation about that.

I've tried a huge amount of tests but I just can't find where the problem is.

Is that possible to log an window creation?

Does someone has any idea about what is happening?

PS: yep, it doesn't happen with KDE, any kind of console, Window Maker or any other window manager.

[]'s
Alexander
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro