Re: Controlling vino-server from command line

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:43:30AM -0800, C.Smith wrote:
> Bill
> 	I recall reading somewhere that newer versions of Gnome dont use it, rather
> they use (quoting from defucnt memory) Vinagre, and something about how it
> is integrated into gnome. I think if you look at the full netstat you'll see
> another port open when you enable gnome's remote desktop.

Vinagre is the client.  I was asking how to start the server.  I ssh
into a machine and want to enable the vino-server on that machine.

But, using gconftool-2 to enable doesn't work.  If it *already*
enabled via the Gnome menu options then I'm able to disable it with
gconftool-2, and then re-enable it, but again, that's only if it's
already running.

I tried simply running vino-server from the command line but that
didn't start.

So, the part I'm missing is what Gnome is doing when the menu item is
enabled.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org