Re: mime types

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 22:53 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 14:13 -0600, Robert Jerrard wrote:
> > Anyone had any experience with
> >
> > /etc/gnome/epiphany/mime-types-permissions.xml
> >
> > I wondered whether adding a mime type for texmacs to this file would
> > allow Epiphany to recognize texmacs files. I am hesitant to just try it
> > as any fallout would affect an entire network of users, not just me.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, the correct way to handle this would be to specify
> the mime type for texmacs and the application to handle it in
> defaults.list.
>
> defaults.list exists both system wide and for your user, (in
> ~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list) so it should be safe to
> experiment with.
>
> It's documented here,
> http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/mimetypes-registering.html.en
>
> HTH,

Thanks for the link Sven. In fact, when I look at the defaults.list file
of mine it already specifies what I want for texmacs and pdf:

[Default Applications]
application/postscript=evince.desktop
text/x-readme=emacs4.desktop
application/pdf=xpdf.desktop
text/html=iceweasel.desktop
text/texmacs=texmacs.desktop
text/x-tex=emacs1.desktop
text/plain=texmacs.desktop

So I guess Epiphany does not use this file.

Bob
--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,