Re: mime types

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 14:13 -0600, Robert Jerrard wrote:
> Anyone had any experience with
>
> /etc/gnome/epiphany/mime-types-permissions.xml
>
> I wondered whether adding a mime type for texmacs to this file would
> allow Epiphany to recognize texmacs files. I am hesitant to just try it
> as any fallout would affect an entire network of users, not just me.

Unless I'm mistaken, the correct way to handle this would be to specify
the mime type for texmacs and the application to handle it in
defaults.list.

defaults.list exists both system wide and for your user, (in
~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list) so it should be safe to
experiment with.

It's documented here,
http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/mimetypes-registering.html.en

HTH,