Apps hang on print

A while ago, not sure exactly when, I noticed that evince (the Gnome PDF viewer, rev 0.6.0) would no longer print my PDFs.  When the print window comes up, it hangs with all of the fields empty, just gray and white blobs.  I wasn't too worried about this because I usually use Adobe's AR.

But, the latest build of SeaMonkey (not the latest release, the nightly build) is now doing the same thing, and their people say that something changed in gtk.

I'm currently running CentOS 5.1 (2.6.18-53.1.6 kernel with NTFS support, soon to go up to 53.1.13), which has Gnome 2.16.0.

Does anyone know anything about this, particularly how to make it go away?

Thanks.

mhr