Re: Back at the trash can problem ?? -[SOLVED]

Hi ritz:

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 09:44 +0530, ritz wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 16:26 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > For anyone who is interested in the solution.
> >
> > On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 22:41 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > > Hi;
> > >
> > > I have no trash can on my desktop.
> > >

> > > Any fresh suggestions will be gratefully received.
> > >

> > I had installed a new wide LCD a month ago.  My trashcan was always in
> > the lower right corner of my desktop.  With the installation of the new
> > monitor (with a new resolution) the icon was moved off screen.  I
> > finally found it by doing a 'clean up by name'.
> Interesting. I am curious to know why was this not easily noticeable ?

I didn't notice it because I NEVER use 'clean up by name'.  I work with
a sparse desktop but have gotten used to the few icons I use in the
'right' place.  'Clean up by name' moves everything around and I have to
put it back manually -- so I avoid 'Clean up by name' like the plague.
As a consequence I never thought of using it to check icon placement.

Just a personal quirk.  My wife will confirm that I am usually a bit of
a slob with rare but random needs for neatness.

> Probably a good thing to add as feature request, to create real icon,
> which can be managed when user opens his Desktop using nautilus ?

I would think the feature request is that somehow on the installation of
a new monitor or a resolution change, Nautilus checks that no icons are
hanging off the end, out of sight.