gnome-open doesn't honor default apps

Hi all,

I have a problem with gnome-open and default applications.

I would like to use firefox as my default browser as well as viewer
for html files.  To do this i have chosen firefox in the "preferred
applications" dialogue, as well as changed default application to open
text/html to firefox thru nautilus.  Things work as expected most of
the time.

However when I issued "gnome-open some-simple-html.html" epiphany is
used to open the file instead.  This problem doesn't show up in
nautilus. When I double click the file in nautilus firefox is launched
as expected.  The problem however is not specific to text/html.  For
example, I have Miro and Deluge installed. Miro also handles
application/x-bittorrent and for some reasons it became the default
application for gnome-open to handle bittorrent files.

I reckon this problem is inherited directly from gnome_url_show(),
which is what makes this problem annoying, because some gnome apps
apparently use gnome_url_show() to open files.

I'm using Debian if it matters.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt