Re: gnome-open doesn't honor default apps

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 07:52:15PM +0800, Yu-Yeung Wong wrote:
> I reckon this problem is inherited directly from gnome_url_show(),
> which is what makes this problem annoying, because some gnome apps
> apparently use gnome_url_show() to open files.
>
> I'm using Debian if it matters.

What GNOME version? Seems the GIO show looks at something different than
the gnome-vfs one. So gnome-open (gnome-vfs) is different. gvfs-open
should do the right thing.
Distributions should link gnome-open to gvfs-open.. there is a bugreport
somewhere about this.

--
Regards,
Olav