Re: modifying the "places" menu

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 18:37 +0200, Giovanni Gherdovich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Debian Lenny together with Gnome 2.22.0.
>
> I'm looking for a way to modify the "places" menu,
> since I added some remote locations to my
> "Network Places" with wrong access parameters,
> and I want to delete them.
>
> I the docs I've found a pretty good explanation
> about the "Applications" menu,
> http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/menustructure-0.html.en
> but nothing about the files that rule the "places" menu.
>
> It seems also that the "Network Places" have anything
> to do with the Nautilus bookmarks.
> (somebody suggested me to modify the Nautilus
> bookmarks to affect the "places" menu...)

Hi,

In GNOME 2.20, the network places are handled through gconf,
in /desktop/gnome/connected_servers/ to be precise. You can use
gconf-editor or gconftool to edit these.

If you simply want to delete them, unmounting them from the desktop or
from nautilus and re-adding them should work.

In 2.22, network locations are handled as gtk bookmarks, in
~/.gtk-bookmarks

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson