modifying the "places" menu

Hello,

I'm using Debian Lenny together with Gnome 2.22.0.

I'm looking for a way to modify the "places" menu,
since I added some remote locations to my
"Network Places" with wrong access parameters,
and I want to delete them.

I the docs I've found a pretty good explanation
about the "Applications" menu,
http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/menustructure-0.html.en
but nothing about the files that rule the "places" menu.

It seems also that the "Network Places" have anything
to do with the Nautilus bookmarks.
(somebody suggested me to modify the Nautilus
bookmarks to affect the "places" menu...)

Any hint?

Best regards,
Giovanni