Re: Saving Workspace

On 4/5/08, Andrea Vettorello <andrea vettorello gmail com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Michael B Allen <ioplex gmail com> wrote:
>  > Hi Sean,
>  >
>  >  That doesn't seem to work for me. If I have a few workspaces with
>  >  multiple xterms, when I do gnome-session-save, logout and back in all
>  >  the xterms are gone except for one.
>  >
>  >  Ideas?
>

> It's a known problem, and there isn't yet a (good?) solution:
>
>  http://blogs.gnome.org/metacity/2008/03/08/session-management/

I don't know anything about the internals of gnome but as a programmer
I'm going to go out on a limb here and pass judgement.

It seems to me someone has f***ed up big-time. Obviously it's not
impossible to collect a list of windows, their properties and the
commands that started them. Other window managers have no problem
doing this (e.g. WindowMaker).

The nice thing about standards is that if they suck you can ignore them.

Mike