Re: Gnome problem after upgrading from FC6 to FC7

Hello

  Try resetting the user configuration, from a VT ( Ctrl+Alt+F1 ),
before you have logged in.

  $ mkdir gnome_old
  $ mv .gconf* gnome_old

  Additionally, if the above fails a screenshot of the error message. It
seems few of the panel applets are not loading probably due to mismatch
of configuration file.

Finally, yum-updatesd service is not running on system ( dbus error
message as seen from xsession-error file )

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 13:40 +1000, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hello Ritish,
>
> Please accept my apologies for taking so long to execute your
> instructions (I finally have the 'failsafe' session available)
>
> I have attached two files for you. One is the output of the command
> from the failsafe terminal ( log.gz) and the other is the contents of
> the ~/.xsession-errors file for my user login using Gnome as my
> Desktop environment. (xsession-errors-user-graeme.gz) and the contents
> of my .xsession-errors file for my user login using KDE as my Desktop
> environment ( xsession-errors-user-graeme.txt.gz
>
> There are plenty of errors. I hope this will help.
>
> Thank you very much for taking the time to help me. I really
> appreciate it.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Graeme.
<snip/>