Re: Movie Player mini mode (hide video display)

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 12:17 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 09:26 -0600, Todd Chambery wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I use Movie Player for playing individual, often temporary, audio files.
> > I'd like to keep the UI on top of other windows, but there's no way to
> > hide the video screen (show only the controls).
> >
> > Am I missing something, or should I file a feature request?
>
> IIRC there's any way to do this currently, so I guess you should file
> the request.
>
> It may just be closed out given that Totem is primarily a movie player
> these days, though-- I guess Rhythmbox is intended to be the main audio
> player on the desktop these days.  (And Rhythmbox does allow you to do
> what you want.)
>
> Cheeri,
> Calum.

Thanks for the reply.  A friend of mine mentioned using Rhythmbox, but
for some reason it feels odd to use the music library app to play an
"instant" file (I wouldn't use iTunes on windows).  Also, because movie
player is the default (I think) player for opening mp3s, it seems like
it's reasonable to consider it a universal media player.

I'll reassign my music files to Rhythmbox and see how it goes, and file
a feature request too.

Thanks,

Todd