gnome 2.12 in suse 10.0 acreen saver not working.

I lost the ability to open links in evolution by clicking them.
I did not find a solution in studying the .gconf .gconfd and .gnome*
directories.  So I moved them to DOT* and restarted.  I regained the
opening of links but now I lost screensavers.

consulting the Suse site I found the problem was supposedly solved by
removing gnome-screensaver and leaving xscreensaver.

Well they work fine in KDE but not Gnome.

Where do I turn them back on??