alt- shortcuts problem

Hi there,

I'm using GNOME 2.18.3 on Fedora 7. Somehow all GNOME shortcuts
involving alt key stopped working (e.g., alt-tab or alt-print).
Application shortcuts with alt key (e.g., to going back in history in
Firefox) work fine. If I replace the alt key with something else in
keyboard shortcuts they start to work (e.g., alt-print -> ctrl-print)
but changing it back to alt-whatever effectively disables the
shortcut. Does anyone know how to make GNOME react to keyboard
shortcuts with alt? Especially alt-tab to switch between apps, as
there is no option in keyboard shortcuts to change it.

Many thanks

Sergiy