Gnome keyboard shortcut for logout does not work

I've posted this question in the forums but got no answer.

I set up my desktop so that the keyboard shortcut for logging out is <alt>x, but it never works. At most, it flashes all the windows and then stays logged in.

1) Is there a way to make this work? If so, what?

2) Is there any other way to log out without using my mouse? If so, what?

I'm running CentOS 4.4 Plus at work and at home, and have the same problem in both places.

Thanks.

Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)
85 Enterprise, Second Floor, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656
949-680-3082 - Office     949-330-7691 - fax
--
[This message is sent in strict accordance with both Google and Yahoo Terms of Service.  If you are receiving this second-hand, this sender disclaims all responsibility for your response.]