Can't print a tif file in gimp or the gnome image file viewer

f I open a file browser (nautilus) window and click on a tif file (or probably any image file, but tifs for sure), I get a nice display in the Image Viewer, but no print capability.

However, if I open the tif file in gimp, when I try to print the file I get garbage on the printer. My printer is a Minolta QMS PagePro 1100, and it is configured as a PCL 6/Postscript printer, but all I get is junk. I tried setting the printer to postscript 1 (PS2 is the default) and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions/fixes/feedback/comments/positive...?

Thanks.

Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)
85 Enterprise, Second Floor, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656
949-680-3082 - Office     949-330-7691 - fax
--
[This message is sent in strict accordance with both Google and Yahoo Terms of Service.  If you are receiving this second-hand, this sender disclaims all responsibility for your response.]