Re: Browsing NFS server

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:23:02 +0200
"Robert M. Albrecht" <romal gmx de> dijo:

> I'm using Gnome 2.18 and Nautilus on Fedora and Ubuntu.
>
> I can browse smb-shares in the network places:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/2.6/ch07s08.html
>
> But I don't see the nfs-shares or the object "unix networks (nfs)", that
> is mentioned in the gnome-documentation. I have enabled nfs in
> /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0, but that didn't help.
>
> Any ideas where to look ? Has this feature to be enabled somewhere ?

I'm trying to do the same thing. I have an Ubuntu Edgy amd64 laptop and
just built myself a new desktop that I put Fedora 7 test2 amd64 on.
I've spent hours trying to get NFS working. Last night I finally
succeeded in getting the Fedora 7 computer to see the share on the
laptop, but I haven't got it working the other direction. And this
morning I had to reboot and afterwards the desktop can no longer see
the laptop.

Post back if you discover any instructions that work.