Re: Need info now: Bouncingcow screensaver !?

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 16:45 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi again Ritesh;
>
> It seems we are both on the same mailing lists.  I do appreciate your
> help.
>
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 01:44 +0530, Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 13:12 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > > Hi;
> > >
> > > Only the Bouncing Cow screensaver will do.  Used to be able to set the
> > > speed of the bouncing.  It is currently far too fast.  No one would
> > > believe that the cow(s) is using a trampoline.  It must be slowed down.
> >
> > Curious, are you using gnome-screensaver or xscreensaver ?
> >
> I am using the gmome-screensaver.  Although this question was asked a
> bit 'tongue in cheek', I would like to slow the bounce down a little.  I
> love it as a nonsense screensaver.

Which packages provides this ? Yes, i am lazy ;)

$ rpm -qf `/path/to/bounching_cow_screensaver`

> > afaik, gnome-screensaver does not provide a dialog to configure
> > screensaver options. These option are part of a desktop file saved
> > under /usr/share/applications/screensavers/, and this desktop file would
> > have to be edited .
> >

> In FC5 for sure, and also FC6 (I think) there was a button in the gnome
> screensaver dialogue gui that brought up an additional dialogue that you
> could use to configure the bouncing cow for the number of cows (I used
> to have two) and the speed.
>
> > 	$ rpm -ql bounching_cow_package |grep desktop
i did not use FC5, but FC6 does not have this option if i remember this
correctly .

From http://live.gnome.org/GnomeScreensaver/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Checkout "What about settings for themes that are hardware dependent?
They are really slow on old machines and really fast on fast machines."

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ