Re: Need info now: Bouncingcow screensaver !?

Hi again Ritesh;

It seems we are both on the same mailing lists.  I do appreciate your
help.

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 01:44 +0530, Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 13:12 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > Only the Bouncing Cow screensaver will do.  Used to be able to set the
> > speed of the bouncing.  It is currently far too fast.  No one would
> > believe that the cow(s) is using a trampoline.  It must be slowed down.
>
> Curious, are you using gnome-screensaver or xscreensaver ?

I am using the gmome-screensaver.  Although this question was asked a
bit 'tongue in cheek', I would like to slow the bounce down a little.  I
love it as a nonsense screensaver.

> afaik, gnome-screensaver does not provide a dialog to configure
> screensaver options. These option are part of a desktop file saved
> under /usr/share/applications/screensavers/, and this desktop file would
> have to be edited .

In FC5 for sure, and also FC6 (I think) there was a button in the gnome
screensaver dialogue gui that brought up an additional dialogue that you
could use to configure the bouncing cow for the number of cows (I used
to have two) and the speed.

> 	$ rpm -ql bounching_cow_package |grep desktop

rpm doesn't give me the location but I had already found it with
'locate'.  Will see if I can edit it.

--
Regards Bill