Re: How to make gnome auto center all new windows on screen?

Hi Florian.

On date Wednesday 2007-01-17 12:12:11 -0800, Florian Sauer wrote:
> Currently, all of them show up in the upper left corner and I tried to find
> an option to auto center all new windows to the center.
>
> For example, each time I send a message using Thunderbird I need to move the
> message window around.
>
> This is under Fedora Core 5.

It's a window manager problem, you should tweak the configuration of
your window manager (that in Gnome is defaulted to Metacity).

For example with Sawfish I have to launch the window manager
configurator, select the "Placement" tab and choose the policy for
placing the new opened windows ("Centered" in this case).

> Hmm, maybe this is a total newbee question, I am just converting from
> Windows. :-)

Welcome to Gnu/Linux, enjoy the freedom!

HTH
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)