Re: How to make gnome auto center all new windows on screen?

On 19/01/07, Stefano Sabatini <stefano sabatini-lala poste it> wrote:
Hi Florian.

On date Wednesday 2007-01-17 12:12:11 -0800, Florian Sauer wrote:
> Currently, all of them show up in the upper left corner and I tried to find
> an option to auto center all new windows to the center.
>
> For example, each time I send a message using Thunderbird I need to move the
> message window around.
>
> This is under Fedora Core 5.

It's a window manager problem, you should tweak the configuration of
your window manager (that in Gnome is defaulted to Metacity).

It may be worth having a look at devil's pie :
http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie

Al
--
WWW: http://ajs.no-dns-yet.org.uk