Re: Nautilus does not open files with the correct app

On 8/25/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich gmail com> wrote:
> [Was: Strange behavior from gnome apps recently]
>
> On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 10:42 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> > Update:
> >

> I can open them with the "Open With" option on a
> right click, but the double click fails with the above noted message
> every time.
>
> There has to be an option or setting or something in one of the config
> files that controls this, and I believe it is permissions-related
> because if I run as root, everything works fine, just not as a normal
> user.

After you right click on a pdf file, Instead of 'open with' click on
'properties'  Then click on the 'open with' tab in the properties
dialog.  If adobe is not in the list that appears you will have to
click on the add button then find acroread and click on that.
Acroread will probably be in either /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

The reason it works for root may be that you installed adobe as root
and the installation process set the property, although that is only a
WAG on my part.

Mike