Re: load Order of Firefox/Thunderbird

Funny, I remember .bash_profiles from my gentoo days (short lived).

But I don't seem to have something like that in fedora, nothing is listed in my hidden directory listing... unless it is called something else (that I find the RH folks do a lot).

The problem in my eye is the they load, run and STOP the rest of the load up process... I don't evene have a desktop, just a blank screen. and they don't have the border window to close with. eg maximize, minimize and close window icons.

Furthermore when thunderbird loads when you access the menus they appear BEHIND the man window... all I can do is alt-f and then quit. this may help better explain why I want to fix this interesting, however prohibitive behaviour.

As per another post I will try to delete all sessions listed and see what happens

If any other plans come to mind please keep me posted

Graeme Nichols wrote:
Hello Dave,

I don't think you have a 'problem' per see because Firefox and Thunderbird are loading at startup.

Check your .bash_profile to see what starts at startup.

HTH.

Graeme.