Re: ./configure problem with gnome-config

Thanks for the tip. gnutrition is a rather outdated
program but the only one I could find in opensource...
frankly, it should b dropped from sourceforge as there
is only spam in  the mailing list and no-one seems to
be maintaining the files or moderating the lists
:((

I changed gnomej-config to pkg-config in the configure
script and it configured ok.

BUT "make" stops with a very curious error:
"Makefile", line 280: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

I checked the Web for an explanation and cure without
success - the code:

278.        mkdir $(distdir)/=build
279.    mkdir $(distdir)/=inst
280.        dc_install_base=`cd $(distdir)/=inst &&
pwd`; \
281        cd $(distdir)/=build \

appears in other Makefiles. Also, I do not understand
what 'operator' is missing ...

Once again, any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Philip