Re: Window properties - roles?

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 19:55 +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Thursday 2006-11-30 12:04:58 -0500, Andy Harrison wrote:
> > I'm switching from kde to gnome today.  I've figured out most
> > everything to get things set up the way I like, but I can't figure out
> > where window properties are configured.  In kde, I just right click on
> > a title bar and go under the Configure Behavior option and I can do
> > whatever I like.  Options like stay-on-top, forcing geometry, forcing
> > to a specific desktop, disable titlebar, disable border, and being
> > able to configure these options on a per window or per class basis.
> >
> > Would someone help me out please?
> >
> > Thanx!
>
> That's a window manager problem, so you should check at first the
> documentation for the window manager you're using (that is defaulted
> to metacity, and I'm not sure it supports every feature that you
> request)

Metacity certainly does not allow you do do that kind of things.
The good news is, you can replace metacity with pretty much any other
window manager which complies with the Window Manager Specification
<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fwm_2dspec> (there is a list
of window managers in that page)

HTH,

-- m