RE: Missing icons

Nautilus was definitely broken. Typing the command in the terminal just hung indefinitely. Turns out it has something to do with firing up two vncserver’s in the .bash_profile’s for a couple of accounts.

Thank you much for your input. It did get me started in the right direction.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wout heeswijk, van [mailto:wout van heeswijk gmail com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:47 AM
To: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Missing icons

Sounds like your nautilus is broken. Nautilus is to gnome what explorer is to windows. It manages your desktop to.
When faced with a problem regarding the desktop and browsing files it is most likely your nautilus installation is broken in some way.

Open up a terminal and type: nautilus [enter]

Please post errors (if any)

ps is it broken for all users?