Re: end-user whines about 2.10

On Wed, 2005-30-03 at 12:37 +0200, DmD (Spider) Ljungmark wrote:

> >  If all you want is signal strength, both redhat and novell have their own notification applets.
>
> They do? Can you point me to the package names and source repos for
> these?

The redhat one is called NetworkManager, and comes with a notification
applet but it does more than that: it allows you to select between
multiple networks (with signal strength display), and automatically
switches you to the fastest. Its pretty cool, but I only have one
network so for me its useless.

The rpms can be had from download.fedora.redhat.com.

I know novell has one in their Linux Desktop, but I have never
downloaded or used it. I think it might be in gnome cvs.

> //Spider

Cheers,
Ryan