Re: How to edit the freedesktop menu in 2.10 from cmdline

>>> If you're not afraid of the commandline and a little XML, its pretty
>>> easy customize that way until the GUI comes. If you want to know how,
>>> just ask.
>> i hereby ask.
> Well I was hoping to know more about exactly what it is you want to
> do. :)

picky picky.

in 2.08, i had a hierarchy of folders with various launchers in them,
most of the launchers being "xterm -e ssh ...," but some being normal
applications.  i just dropped the folder hierarchy into applications:///
and it appeared as a separate menu on the panel.  i used folder icons,
but i am not picky.  note that it was not sicky-open as drawers are.
life was simple, the folder metaphor worked with the nautilus file
mangler.  no separate manipulation tool.

i will read through the hints you sent and try to sort this through next
week, as i am about to go on travel.  thanks!

mahalo,
randy