changing Application Fonts for debian

Dear List,
We are localizing gnome. I have added a font. There is no problem in manually changing this font for 'Application Font', 'Desktop Font' and 'Window Title font'. But I need to be make this font one and the only default font so that this font is used across whole gnome application interfaces. Please note that I can NOT use gui to do this!! Can any one tell me how to do this by directly modifying into files? This font should be used for all the login users that exists in the system.
o/s:  Debian linux

-basanta