soource instalation gripes - or why I prefer kde

I would like to find a list of which package needs to be installed in what order to get a working instalation.

I am surprised that I cant fin a document on this at the gnome website.

I am also surprised that there is no "collection" of sources like the kde packeges.

kde puts the sources into basic collections -
arts                 - soundserver
kde-libs          - required libs for all packeges
kde-base        - base gui
kde- network  - netyworking apps

... etc

It would make things a lot easier to install.

--
regs MR E_T