Re: "Relink libgail.la" error while compiling gail

It looks like you are installing into /var/tmp/portage/gail-1.6.6/image. Is this your intention? If so, I think you need to set, I think it is LD_FLAGS, so that ld knows where to find libgailutil.

Padraig

Andrew Conkling wrote:

Some time ago (probably on Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:17:06 +0100)
"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> had occasion to say the
following:

Hi Padraig,

The warnings you report are fixed in patch attached to bug 150000 and
is fixed in version 1.7.0 of gail.

-lgailutil should be found in libgail0util directory of gail. I cannot
tell from the information you provide what the problem is. Perhaps, if
you sent me the complete configure and make output I might be able to.

I've attached the output so as not to make an incredibly long message.

Any help you could provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew