Re: "Relink libgail.la" error while compiling gail

Some time ago (probably on Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:04:11 +0100)
"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> had occasion to say the
following:

Hi Padraig,

> It looks  like you are installing into
> /var/tmp/portage/gail-1.6.6/image. Is this your intention? If so, I
> think you need to set, I think it is LD_FLAGS, so that ld knows where
> to find libgailutil.

Yes, because I use Gentoo, it's own portage system makes the package in
a separate location then moves it once it's complete (for seamless
safety reasons, IIRC).  I'll mention in my bug report that LD_FLAGS may
be the culprit, but I'm surprised no one else has asked about this (I
haven't found ANYTHING on the internet in a variety of sources) and this
is the only package with which I've had trouble.

In any case, unless you can think of anything else, thanks for all the
help and hopefully I'll track this down soon.

Kind regards,
Andrew