Re: "Relink libgail.la" error while compiling gail

Some time ago (probably on Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:17:06 +0100)
"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> had occasion to say the
following:

> The warnings you report are fixed in patch attached to bug 150000 and
> is fixed in version 1.7.0 of gail.
>
> -lgailutil should be found in libgail0util directory of gail. I cannot
> tell from the information you provide what the problem is. Perhaps, if
> you sent me the complete configure and make output I might be able to.

Hi Padraig,
Apparently, I can't post such large output to the list, so I've sent you
personally my compile/make output off-list.  (If anyone else wants to
see it, let me know.)

Because I'm impatient, I went ahead and tried to install gail-1.8.0.  I
got the same error.  I don't know what could be causing this, but it's
very frustrating as it won't allow me to complete my install.

Anyway, I thought I'd include that tidbit, since you indicated that bug
150000 fixed that error as of gail 1.7.0.

Regards,
Andrew