Re: Changing a mouse cursor

Thanks for answering!

Mariano =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Su=E1rez-Alvarez?= <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar> writes:

> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 08:08 -0500, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> > Under other desktops, a user reports he was able to change
> > his mouse to a large yellow X, which he found preferable.
> > This change would take place and the new mouse would be usable
> > on the two displays of his desktop.
> >=20
> > Under Sun's GNOME , when he tries the same command, the cursor on
> > one of the displays changes, temporarily.  But then something in
> > GNOME seems to change it back.
> >=20
> > I know about the 4 mouse cursor shapes available under
> > Applications->Desktop Preferences->Mouse .  However, he really
> > would like his previous mouse.
> >=20
> > Is there some way to affect a 'permanent' mouse cursor change
> > for both monitors?
>
> The way to install an icon theme permanently is, from what I can see, to
> untar the cursor theme in ~/.icons, and make a symlink to it with the
> name default. I don't think there is UI for that. This probably depends
> on capabilities which may or may not be present in Sun's X server.=20

Anyone know of tools for creating icon themes?  The only experience I have
with themes is selecting one of the 6 or 7 that comes in Sun's GNOME
distribution.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>