Re: Editing gnome-terminal Profiles

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 17:37 -0500, Kent Eschenberg wrote:
> --On 15 Nov 04 <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar> wrote:
> >There is great documentation
> > for GConf and its API at http://developer.gnome.org
> > In any case, you should be editing ?by hand? your gconf
> > files using the command line tool called gconftool-2 ...
>
> Good advice! I'll not mess with the files under ~/.gconf directly.
>
> While the docs mentioned above are fine for the API where would I get docs
> for gconftool-2? Its --help isn't enough.
>
> And what about the other tools in /usr/bin: gconf-config-1, gconf-editor,
> gconfigger, gconf-sanity-check-1, and gconftool-1?

The -1 variants are gnome 1.x material, so essentially deprecated,
gconf-editor has a manual which you can access by pressing the F1 key.

OTOH, gconftool-2 installs a man page, which I guess contains
aproximately the same information as --help, though. You have not told
us what did you need that --help did not provide, so it's hard to
tell ;-)

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar>
http://www.gnome.org/~mariano