Esound Relay?

Hi guys,

I've dug through Google but don't seem to find the results that I'll
like.

What I envision is a layman's version of Apple's AirTunes.

Method is simple. Leaving Security aside, I have all the computers in
my
house run esd (esound server) with -tcp -public -port 16001.

Then, I'll use a music prog, i.e. XMMS and pipe the sound output to
_all_ of the esd servers, i.e. esddsp -s, esound plugins or some other
method.

The current problem here is that sound can only go from one point
(client) to another point (esd on a remote machine), and not from one
(client) to many points (esds on many remote machines). Think of it as
esddsp with multiple -s allowed.

With security, bandwidth and possible patent infringment taken out of
the picture, does anyone have any idea how it's possible to setup a
so-called esd-relay or esd-multicast server?

TIA.

Regards,
Ronald
--
Ronald Ip                              myself iphoting com
gpg public key @ http://iphoting.iphoting.com/iphoting.asc