Weird Panel Behavior

This is weird. I'm running RH9.0, XD2. I keep keep the menu panel at the
top of my screen, and a custom panel at the bottom. The menu panel is
small, the custom panel is medium.

Whenever I log out and back in, the menu panel appears at the bottom of
the screen and is medium size, the custom panel appears at the top and
is small. The only way I can fix it is to delete the menu panel (can't
move it for some reason). At this point if I resize the custom panel it
suddenly appears back at the bottom of the screen (without me moving
it!) and then I can re-create my menu panel at the top.

Anybody have a hint of where I can look to figure this one out??

..glen