Launch bash script using desktop icon?

Hi all,

I have created a desktop icon in my $HOME/.gnome-desktop folder that
launches a bash shell script, the code inside the *.desktop file is
something like:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=dummy
Comment=dummy Script
Exec=/home/foo/script.sh
Type=Application

When I double click the icon in my desktop it does nothing!
I have tried too to create the icon not manually but using the desktop
options to create a new launcher and it does not work either...

Is not possible to launch scripts from de Gnome desktop icons? Just
binary executable files such as /usr/bin/mozilla?

Thanks in advance,

regards

--

~ Code matters more than comercials ~