Re: default setup

From: Tom Wesley <tom tomaw org>

> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 14:37 -0700, Wayne Pinette wrote:
> >  What I would like is that their gnome environment when they
> > login has very few options.  ie,the panel has a shell terminal starter,
> > emacs editor, mozilla launcher and a logout.

> > Is there
> > a way to setup the default panels?

> Create a new user called, say, template and set it up as you like.  Then
> copy the contents /home/template/ (including .files) into /etc/skel and
> that should be the default for new users that are created.

Does that work?  Is this something that changed from GNOME 2.0 to the latest GNOME?
The reason I ask is that we are using Sun's GNOME distribution.  And when I look
into the hundreds of files created for a user, I see userids embedded throughout the
structure - in .galeon, .gconf, .gnome, .gnome2 and so forth.

Won't there have to be a pass that goes through these files making changes for
the userid?
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>