Re: Permanently removing all desktop icons under gnome 2.0

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 02:12:45PM +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 12:10:04AM -0400, Gnome User wrote:
> [...]
> > Is there no way to just tell Gnome to get rid of all of those icons
> > and still have its other desktop functionality enabled?
> >
> > Is my only option to put a "/bin/rm -f ~/.gnome-desktop/*" in my
> > .profile, after all?
>
> It will be possible in GNOME 2.4, if I understand one of the threads on
> desktop-devel at the moment correctly. Some changes that include the
> functionality to do just this were committed last week to Nautilus.
>
> Malcolm

Thanks.

Well, since RedHat 9.0 currently supports version 2.2, I guess I'll
soon be two minor releases behind.  Or does Gnome also use the
even-numbers-for-production-releases convention?

At any rate, it looks like I'm stuck with the 'rm' solution for a
while.  Well, I guess it could be worse ...

Of course, I suppose I could debian-ize myself and possibly get a
newer Gnome more quickly.

--
 Gnome User
 gnome yadda-yadda-yadda org