Re: Permanently removing all desktop icons under gnome 2.0

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 12:10:04AM -0400, Gnome User wrote:
[...]
> Is there no way to just tell Gnome to get rid of all of those icons
> and still have its other desktop functionality enabled?
>
> Is my only option to put a "/bin/rm -f ~/.gnome-desktop/*" in my
> .profile, after all?

It will be possible in GNOME 2.4, if I understand one of the threads on
desktop-devel at the moment correctly. Some changes that include the
functionality to do just this were committed last week to Nautilus.

Malcolm

--
Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.