Re: RH7.3 -> RH8.0 -> Gnome 2.2

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:45:03PM -0500, Dragos Dobrescu wrote:
> Actually I want the paw insted the red hat for the start button and also
> the paw while Gnome is loading up.

The start button thing is changed via a preference. For some reason
the pref is only available via gconf-editor (Red Hat did *not* do
that, it's like that upstream).

The splashscreen can only be replaced by overwriting the splashscreen
file.

> I haave tryed to install applets for Gnome2 and they did not recognize
> my install as a Gnome2. Others that I have installed are not available
> in the menu to start them.

Probably you didn't install the -devel packages, or didn't install the
applets to the right prefix.

> I could not find jhbuild but I looked at garnome, but I would rather
> finish installing the way I started, since I hae already installed 13
> packages. I reposted below the error message that I get, can you guide me?

You need the right GLib in your PKG_CONFIG_PATH as the error message
says.  If you are getting lost here you are most likely not going to
be able to compile GNOME manually, it is a fairly involved process.
(and it's easy to end up with a result that doesn't work, even if you
make it compile.)

Havoc