Re: panel notification area -- not many apps

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 18:02, Mark D'voo wrote:
> I thought that gnome's system tray and kde's were compatible ?  I wrote a
> little test app for gnome's system tray and it works fine in kde's tray along
> with gaim, but KDE programs (noatun, kscd, etc) dont' work in gnome's sytem
> tray.  Any ideas?

There are two different protocols - the old one, that GNOME1.4 used and
apparantly KDE uses, and the newer one on freedesktop.org, which is what
GNOME2.2 uses.  I'm not sure of the extent of the differences there-in,
but I guess it's big enough to need changes.  ^,^